Dr. Frank Mott, longtime CHRR faculty affiliate and Sociology Professor Emeritus, passed away on December 31, 2020.
To honor his legacy and many contributions to the field of demography, the Frank Mott Student Support Memorial Fund has been established to honor his distinguished career in survey research, teaching and mentorship, providing support for one or more students engaged in research at CHRR.
To make a gift, please click here: https://www.giveto.osu.edu/makeagift/?fund=317196.
Student Application Process (Fund 317196)
Deadline: Rolling application process
The Ohio State graduate or undergraduate student must be:
- Currently enrolled at The Ohio State University.
- Conducting research at Ohio State with a faculty advisor who has agreed to be responsible for overseeing the research project.
- In good academic standing at the time of application.
- In need of funding to support research expenses to be incurred at CHRR. This award is not eligible to be used for reimbursement of a student’s stipend or tuition expense.
Frank Mott Student Support Memorial Fund Award
Established with gifts from friends and family to honor Dr. Frank Mott’s distinguished career in survey research, teaching, and mentorship. Provides support for one or more students engaged in research at CHRR to be applied toward costs incurred by the student at CHRR to facilitate access to the American Population Panel or other CHRR services as needed, up to a $5,000 maximum per project.
Components Required in Your Application
- Project Description: The project description should include the following sections: Introduction/Background (including a project purpose statement), Methodology, and Expected Outcomes. Please also clearly describe your role and responsibilities on the research.
- Proposed Budget: Include a brief statement of overall project costs, the amount of the request for support from the Frank Mott Fund, and whether any other funding resources have been applied for or already awarded.
- A brief statement of support from the faculty research advisor.
- Completed applications should be submitted to Brittany Poast.6, CHRR Business Operations Manager, for consideration by the CHRR Leadership Team.
- Funds will be awarded based on project merit and the availability of funds.
Special Note: Recipients of this award may be asked to participate in award outreach and engagement activities. If called upon, award recipients agree to support efforts by CHRR and the College of Arts and Sciences to build awareness of the fund through internal and external channels.